...the Love of MakeUp and all things Beauty!

Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Everyone Loves A Basic Smokey Eye


Well Hello! I found this lipstick on clearance, so even though its not a typical color I reach for, I decided to try it. For $3 its worth the risk, right? Its Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Rosy Nude. I wanted to try it out - complete look and all- so I put this together last night pretty quickly (please ignore my weird shaped eyebrow lol). I did a basic smokey eye using browns and black from the BH Cosmetics 120 Color 3rd Edition Palette. Here is the breakdown...... :)


I started by applying MAC Painterly Paint Pot all over eye lid up to the brow (this is used as a base to help the shadow last longer and be more vibrant).

Next, I applied this shimmery brown shade to just the lid using a Sonia Kashuk fluffy medium eyeshadow brush.


Then this shimmery rosy gold shade to the crease and blended upward using a EcoTools large eyeshadow brush.


I used this matte light brown to blend the two colors together using a Sonia Kashuk blending brush.



Then I applied the black shadow to the lashline (upper and lower) using a EcoTools pencil brush


Blend out the black shadow (upper lashline) using a ELF Mineral blending brush.



Lastly, I applied mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous), cleaned up any fallout, applied my foundation, concealer, blush and lipstick.



Face
Maybelline FIT ME Liquid Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Powder
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark (contour)
MAC Margin and Trace Gold Blushes mixed together

Lips
MAC Burgandy Lip Pencil
Revlon Colorburst Rosy Nude Lipstick

This lipstick is very moisturizing and goes on smooth. I really like the texture and staying power of all the Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks and this one is no exception. I'm not crazy about the color on me, but it is a very pretty color - especially for darker skintones. :)

*Don't have a variety of brushes - That's ok! Try it anyway using what you do have!!! You can even use a q-tip to help you blend (dont press hard or you will lift off the color)
**I do suggest the everyone have atleast one blending brush (2 is ideal).
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. this is so gorgeous! ! YOU are so gorgoeus! i totally just followed your blog! <3

    check out mine when you can love!

    Xoxo, Carlene
    http://www.queencarlene.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you Beautiful!!! :)
      I love your blog! I followed you too.

      Delete
  2. Love this blog post. I am going to try this look today!!!

    ReplyDelete