...the Love of MakeUp and all things Beauty!

Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Brushes, Brushes Brushes!



I want to share with you some of my favorite brushes - ones that I love, LOVE and REAALLY LOVE! lol 

These first two are my ultimate, can't do a look without, eye brushes. They are a must have for easy and seamless blending. I love these 2 brushes by Sigma - the E25 and E40 (which have been noted as dupes or close to it of the famous MAC brushes - the 217 and 224). I use them to apply color to my lid, crease or brow, blend out the crease color or blend all colors together. LOVE!



These Sonia Kashuk brushes are also eye brushes that I use on the regular. They are the crease and small multi-purpose brush. I like the denseness of the crease brush as it makes applying an intense amount of color in the crease easy without having to keep layering on the color. The multi-purpose brush I use for blending and also sometimes to contour my nose. It can also be used to apply highlighter, concealer and help with contouring the face. It really lives up to its name as a 'multi-purpose' brush.


Crease Brush

Multi-Purpose Brush


Next are a few that I love and feel like are great to have, but not necessarily MUST haves for everyone.
They are the Sephora Smudge brush, Real Techniques Detailer and Pointed Foundation brush.
        Sephora Smudge Brush
This brush I use just as the name says, to smudge out eyeliner or smudge on eyeshadow to my upper or lower lashline. I love it because it durable and perfectly dense with short bristles. I wouldn't say you HAVE to have it, but its a great one to have in your collection.

Real Techniques Detailer brush
I absolutely love this brush and think there's no other brush out there like it! I use this in so many ways - to clean up around my brows after coloring them in, to apply highlighter to my browbone, apply concealer, add color to the inner corner of my eyes and as a lip brush. Its just amazing! The bristles are not too long or short, not to firm or fluffy - just perfection! Again, I don't think this is a MUST have brush for everyone, but for me I can't live with out it! lol

Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
(Sorry the brush still has my concealer on it)
The great thing about brushes is there's no set rules on how you should use them. Just because a brush it labeled 'foundation' brush doesn't mean that's what you have to use it as. Case and point - this brush. I don't use this as a foundation brush. I find it to small and to mush work to cover my whole face to the level of coverage I prefer. Instead I use this as a concealer brush. I love that its pointed because it makes it almost mistake proof to apply concealer under the eye without messing up your eye makeup. It is dense so it applies a good amount of concealer and helps with cleaning up around the eyes. This is my go to brush for applying concealer - in fact I believe this is the only one I ever use! I don't consider this a MUST have for everyone as you can apply concealer with you fingers and such, but I love it!


My go to foundation brush is the Real Techniques Buffing brush. The great thing about this brush and the 2 prior Real Techniques brushes is that are sold in a set together called the Core Collection at Ulta! (It also comes with one other brush I do not have featured.) For the 4 - highly recommended brushes - its only around $17!! You really cant beat that considering the quality of these brushes is superb and comparable to the more expensive higher end brands (which usually retail around $15 - $50 for just one brush).
Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I love this brush for foundation!! It gives me the coverage I want (medium to full) effortlessly but just buffing it on to the skin. It makes my foundation look airbrushed and my face flawless!!!


These next 3 brushes are ones that I would say you should definitely consider! They are the Sonia Kashuk Bamboo Blush brush, Sonia Kashuk Angled Contour brush and the Sigma F05 Small Contour brush
Sonia Kashuk Bamboo Blush brush
I have tried so many different brushes to apply my blush and this is my all time favorite!! In fact, I actually own a couple of these because I love it so much. The brush is ideal for applying blush! The dome-ish shape and the slightly firm but still fluffy bristles make applying blush easy and done like a pro! (Sometimes, I also use this to apply my blot powder.)

Sonia Kashuk Angled Contour brush
Can you tell I love Sonia Kashuk brushes?? lol They are all such great quality for affordable prices and easily assessable since they are sold at Target! and who doesn't love going to Target?? No One!! lol
I use this brush everyday! I use it to apply bronzer and to contour my cheeks. The shape, firmness, bristles - Perfection! The shape makes contouring the cheeks a breeze! And for less than $10, you can't lose!

This brush is A-Mazing! I use it just as it says - to contour! I usually only use when I want a heavily contoured face (night time looks). The short, dense bristles apply a good amount of product but also provide blending ease. I love this brush! For those who love a contoured face, you must try this one! (Also, its a dupe for MACs 109 brush.)


And last but not least, my favorite powder brush. The Sigma Large Powder - F30 brush.

 I use this brush to set my face with powder. I have tried a number of powder brushes as well and they are either to fluffy, not fluffy enough, not the density I like, don't apply very much product, feel rough on the face, etc. etc. This brush is my HG powder brush! I really think everyone needs this one. It blends, applies the perfect amount of powder and is soft and doesn't shed.


I hope you found this post helpful and feel inspired to try at least one or two of my favorites!

xoxo


3 comments:

  1. I SWEAR by Fix+. It is my go to item. When I worked at MAC I learned to love me some Fix+! I use it daily with my moisturizer to better absorb into my skin and it helps make my moisturizer last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas for brushes to add to my collection =))

    ReplyDelete